How To Get Rid Of Shaving Bumps
Learning how to get rid of shaving bumps is a struggle that many men face. Shaving bumps can be both physically bothersome and cosmetically embarrassing. Luckily, there are steps that can be taken to get rid of shaving bumps.
To get rid of shaving bumps, you will need:
- Warm water
- Shaving cream
- A steady hand
- The frequency with which you shave plays a key role in whether or not you will be susceptible to shaving bumps. Instead of shaving every day, give your skin a break and shave every two to three days. If you are prone to growing hair excessively fast, try using an electric razor, and on your off-days use a traditional blade.
- Soften your hair with warm water. Razor bumps can be caused by an angular cut from your razor blade. To increase your chances of getting a straight cut for your hair, either dampen a cloth with warm water and rest it against the areas to be cut for a few minutes or wait until just after you have taken a warm shower to begin your shaving.
- Apply shaving cream properly. When applying shaving cream to the skin, make certain to allow the shaving cream to remain on your face for a couple of minutes before you begin shaving. This will allow the hair and skin to soften.
- When shaving, be certain to always move the blade with the flow of the hair. Never shave against the grain of the hair. This practice will irritate the skin. Avoid shaving over the same area more than twice. Excessive shaving strokes can also serve to agitate the skin, causing shaving bumps.
- When razor bumps appear, avoid the temptation to rub or squeeze them like you would a pimple. Selecting an aftershave that contains iodine, tea tree oil or alcohol will help keep your razor bumps from getting infected.