Want know how to get rid of smells that seem to linger around no matter how much air freshener or room deodorizer you may use? First, let's begin by locating the cause of the offensive smell, which can be caused by a number of things such as a pet, cigarette smoke, musty carpets or a damp area (like a basement). Whatever the cause, these smells can be eliminated with products that you may have around the house. Below are some steps to get rid of smelly odors.
Things you will need:
- White vinegar
- Baking soda
- Bounce dryer sheets
- Citrus fruit peels
- If possible, open a window to allow fresh air to circulate often as possible. Cleaning surface areas and mopping bathroom and kitchen floors weekly with warm water and a soap solution or with water and vinegar is very effective in removing bad odors. Clean surface areas by pouring a small amount of vinegar on a cloth and wiping down the surfaces.
- Baking soda sprinkled on the carpet works great as a natural carpet deodorizer. To get rid of closet smells, mix two teaspoons of baking soda with water into a spray bottle–this is an effective and natural deodorizer.
- By putting a Bounce dryer sheet inside an air conditioning vent, your home can be filled with fragrant air blowing throughout the rooms. Try putting a few dryer sheets under the sofa cushions and in-between the folded clothes in your drawer.
- Citrus fruit, such as lemons or oranges, can be use in your garbage disposal as a natural deodorizer, just toss the peels in and allow them to run through. Do this every couple of weeks to keep smells away. Wipe the garbage disposal splash guard, which can cause smells, with a water and bleach solution or with a more natural cleanser such as vinegar.
- Try washing laundry often because dirty clothes can cause smells.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.