How To Get Rid Of Sore Perineum
A sore perineum may be due to varieties of causes and because of the discomforts it brings, many want to know how to get rid of sore perineum. A sore perineum usually manifests with itchiness, redness, swelling, inflammation, burning sensation, and pain. The following tips can help relieve these symptoms of a sore perineum.
You will need:
- warm water
- basin and clean cloth
- cleaning wipes
- anti-yeast topical creams or ointment
- ice pack wrapped in clean towel
- Wash the perineum with warm bath. A sitz bath or washing with warm water can ease the discomforts caused by soreness along the perineum area. Keeping the genital area clean will also help maintain good hygiene along this sensitive area. The use of cleaning wipes to clean the genitals after urinating will also keep bacteria from flourish along the perineum area and genitals, preventing bacterial infection and soreness to occur.
- Use anti-yeast topical creams or ointment. Vaginal yeast infection may result to a sore and itchy perineum. Treating the infection is the best way to get rid of the sore perineum. There are topical ointments available without prescription such as butoconazole, flucanozole, and terconazole that help treat vaginal yeasts infection.
- Take laxatives. Hemorrhoids are common culprits for sore perineum. The inflammation extends from the anus and down to the perineum area caused by excessive straining during bowel movement. Laxatives promote soft stools that help avoid excessive straining that result to a sore perineum.
- Perform Kegel exercise to strengthen the perineum muscles. This is especially significant as a post-partum care for women who underwent an episiotomy or vaginal stitches after child delivery. This contraction exercise on the perineum area will help heal the stitched area that usually causes a very sore perineum.
- Apply an ice pack. This will help relieve soreness from the perineum but make sure to wrap it on a clean cloth or towel. The feeling of coldness along the perineum soothes the feeling of soreness, an effective means to get rid of sore perineum.