How To Get Rid Of Stray Cats
Do you want to know how to get rid of stray cats? Stray cats can be annoying. They can be a problem. They can tear up your trash and do damage to your house. If you are allergic to stray cats, they can ruin your day. Stray cats are a nuisance, buy you can get rid of them.
Things you will need:
- A dog
- Pepper spray
- Cooperation from your neighbors
- Hot peppers
- Money or credit card
- You want to get rid of a stray cat. First thing you will need to do is get cooperation from your neighbors. Take a trip to your surrounding neighbors. Let them know about the stray cat. Make sure the cat is not their cat before you try to get rid of it. Ask them to help you get rid of the stray cat by not feeding the cat.
- Do not feed the stray cat yourself if you want to get rid of it. Food to a cat means your home is their new home. If you do not want the stray cat, do not feed it. Do not be cruel by putting poison in food. It is wrong to kill or abuse stray cats. Make sure your trash is put away, because a stray cat will look in your trash for food. A stray cat is often hungry and wants to find a place to bed down.
- Make sure your house is not comfortable to a stray cat. Buy a dog that will chase away stray cats. Even a dog that will bark and scare stray cats can chase the stray cat away for you. A stray cat wants a welcoming place to stay. The dog will show the stray cat he is not welcome in your home.
- Call animal control if you are having trouble getting rid of the stray cat. Tell them the situation. Let them know if you are allergic to cats or if the cat is doing damage to your house. Even cat urine can do damage to your property. The animal control will come to your house and take away the stray cat.
- Keep pepper spray at your house in case any more stray cats come on your property. Animals do not like pepper spray. You can spray the pepper spray in the area where the stray cat beds down. You can use very hot, dried out peppers to do the same thing. When the cat comes back to bed down, they will be surprised. You may have to keep doing this until the stray cat gets tired of the pepper or pepper spray.
- Do not try to trap the stray cat. You are not a professional. The stray cat may be dangerous, especially if you scare it. Some good intended people believe they can take a stray cat to the animal control people themselves. The stray cat may have a different idea and may attack you with their sharp claws. A stray cat could carry diseases including rabies.
- There are animal removal companies who will remove the stray cat for you. They will do this humanely and deliver the stray cat to animal control. They are trained for animal removal, and they know the dangers. They cost money, but are a good option if you cannot get help from animal control. This option will cost you money.
- You learned how to get rid of a stray cat. Your problem is gone and the stray cat is with people that can help them.
Do not remove a stray cat yourself.
Pepper spray is a good option.
Do not feed a stray cat.
Put your trash where a stray cat cannot get at it.
Get the cooperation of your neighbors.