How To Get Rid Of A Stye
Many people suffering pain on their eyelid may be wondering how to get rid of a stye, and it’s actually not very difficult. Styes are infections on the eyelid that cause a painful swollen lump. Usually the infection is actually in the follicle of an eyelash, although sometimes it can simply be a clogged pore or something similar. In most cases, you can get rid of a stye by simply waiting for the body to repair it, but there are a few steps you can take to speed up the process.
To get rid of a stye you’ll need:
- A towel soaked in warm water
- Over the counter ointment
- The first thing to do when trying to get rid of a stye is to avoid aggravating the area. Don’t pinch it, or rub it excessively. If you do any of these things you have a great chance to make your infection worse and you’ll almost certainly increase the pain.
- Another important thing to try when seeking to get rid of a stye is to use a cloth with very warm water on it several times a day. Four to six times a day is usually a good number, and you’ll want the water to be as warm as you can comfortably stand it. This process will help the stye to drain.
- If the stye still won’t go away, you might want to buy an over the counter stye medicated ointment. These will help heal the infection. They aren’t a foolproof cure, but they can be helpful.
- If you still can’t get rid of a stye after trying all these steps, and if the stye lasts for more than a week, it might be time to go to a doctor. Infections around your eyes are no laughing matter and a doctor can try draining the stye or giving strong antibiotics to cure the infection.