How To Get Rid Of A Stye On Your Eyelid
Do you want to know how to get rid of a stye on your eyelid? Anyone who is suffering from a stye knows just how painful and irritating they can be. Styes will usually go away on their own after a few days. But if the stye is bothering you and you want to get rid of it quicker, you can treat it on your own. Luckily, most styes can be treated at home. There are a few different things you can do to treat the stye. Whichever way you choose to treat the stye, you must remember that personal hygiene plays a very important role. Keep reading for more information on how to get rid of a stye on your eyelid. To get rid of a stye, you will need:
- Mild soap
- Warm compress
- Tea bag
- Antibiotic cream
- Stay clean. Practice good hygiene by washing your hands and face everyday. Avoid touching the stye as much as possible. If you come into contact with the stye, wash your hands immediately after with a mild soap. Keep the area surrounding it as clean as possible, this will help prevent spreading the infection and stop it from getting worse.
- Apply a warm compress to your eye. Apply the warm compress for ten minutes, four times a day.
- Use tea as a warm compress. The tannic acid in tea can help treat the stye. All you have to do is apply a warm tea bag to your eye.
- Get an over-the-counter antibiotic cream. An over-the-counter antibiotic cream aimed at killing Staph bacteria that caused the stye can help get rid of it.
- Visit your doctor. If the stye does not go away after a week, you should visit your doctor. He or she will be able to prescribe some antibiotic eye drops that will get rid of the stye. If you have a particularly painful one, you should seek medical treatment. You may need to have it lanced to drain the infection.
Warnings: Do not wear contact lenses while you have a stye. Never squeeze the stye or attempt to drain it on your own.