How To Get Rid Of Sweat Stains
Learning how to get rid of sweat stains will come in handy for those times you find yourself sweating more than normal. Maybe you were working out in the garden on a hot day, or going for a jog in the park. Antiperspirants only help to a certain extent. Luckily, there are some tricks you can use to remove the sweat stains from your clothing.
You will need the following items:
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Baking soda
- Laundry detergent
Follow these steps to get rid of your sweat stains:
- Place three cups of hydrogen peroxide and three cups of water in a small basin. Mix them together with the swish of your finger.
- Set your sweat stained clothing in the mixture. Let it sit for 30 minutes. The hydrogen peroxide will work to break up the sweat molecules.
- Remove your clothing from the basin and squeeze the liquid out of it.
- Make a paste by adding a few drips of water at a time to a Tbsp. of baking soda. Rub the paste over the sweat stain.
- Start your washing machine and add a laundry detergent that contains oxygenated ingredients.
- Place your clothing in the washing machine and let it run through the washing cycle.
- Hang your clothing out on the line and allow the sun to dry them. The sun has oxygenation properties itself. It will also leave your clothing smelling fresh.
Don't allow the clothing to dry unless you are sure that the stain is gone. Otherwise, the stain will be set in.
You can add a cup of white vinegar to your washing cycle to help get rid of the sweat odors on your clothing.