If you want to know how to get rid of a tan, you have many options. You should be warned that it may not work completely or for everyone, but your tan should fade as you apply these tips for a few days. So gather a few materials and get started.
- A few lemons
- Baking soda
- Exfoliant (cleanser or bath sponge)
- Lotion or cream containing Alpha hydroxy
- First of all you'll need to avoid sun exposure. This is an obvious step. If you must spend time in the sun, be sure to use your sunscreen.
- Rub lemon juice on super dark tanned areas. Leave the lemon juice on for a few minutes before your shower. The acid in the lemon will help break down dead skin cells and get rid of your tan.
- If the lemon doesn't work, try baking soda. Make a wet paste out of water and baking soda. Apply this mixture to your body, massaging as you go. Leave it on for a few minutes. Rinse it off in the shower.
- Exfoliate in the shower or bath. Getting rid of dead skin cells will help fade your tan. You can do this on your face as well.
- Moisturize with lotion containing alpha hydroxy. If you choose this type of lotion, it's especially important to avoid sun exposure. Alpha hydroxy makes the skin more sensitive to the sun's rays.
Utilizing these steps will be sure to fade your tan within a few days. If you have sensitive skin, you may want to limit exfoliating to every other day.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.