How To Get Ringtones For iPhone 3g
Here are instructions for how to get ringtones for your iPhone 3g. Your mobile carrier and Apple's iTunes store are both happy to sell you ringtones for your iPhone. You can also create a custom ringtone from any music on your computer and get your own personalized ringtones for the iPhone 3g installed.
To get ringtones for the iPhone 3g, you will need:
- An iPhone (any model)
- iTunes on your computer (Windows or Mac)
- Ringtone creation software
- Connect your iPhone 3g to your computer with a Universal Serial Bus (USB) cable. Use the white cable sold with the phone, a dock, or any cable that will connect to the base of the phone and the USB port on your computer.
- Create an iPhone compatible ringtone file. Other software is required to get ringtones for iPhone 3g, because iTunes will not do this, but Apple's GarageBand will. Free options include "Ringtone Pimp" for Windows and "Ringtone Chop Shop" for Mac.
- Start up iTunes on your computer. You will need iTunes to get ringtones for iPhone 3g loaded to your phone.
- Install your ringtone files into iTunes. Find your newly created file and drag it into your iTunes Library, or import through the menus.
- Find the ringtones in the ringtone tab of iTunes. If you look at iTunes > Library > Ringtones, you should see your new ringtones listed in the library.
- Select your iPhone 3g in iTunes and install the ringtones. Ensure the ringtone is checked to install, and sync your iPhone.
- Examine the list of ringtones on your iPhone. Your new custom ringtones should be available.
- A few excellent sites for finding freeware and shareware for custom tasks like this are Tucows.com and IUseThis.com.
- You can use any software capable of converting an audio file to the m4r format.