How To Get Ringtones On iPhone 3g
You want to know how to get ringtones on iPhone 3G devices. AT&T and Apple are both happy to sell you ringtones. You can purchase them directly from your telephone carrier or through the iTunes store. You can also create a personal ringtone from any music on your computer. The trick to get ringtones on iPhone 3G after you have created them is to use Apple's iTunes. Here are some further instructions on how to get ringtones on iPhone 3G.
To get ringtones on an iPhone 3G, you will need:
- An iPhone 3G
- USB cable
- A personal computer
- iTunes installed on the computer
- Ringtone software
- Connect your iPhone 3G to your computer with a USB cable. Use the white cable provided with the phone, a dock, or any cable that will connect to the iPhone and the USB port on your computer.
- Create an iPhone compatible ringtone file. Additional software is required to create a ringtone, because iTunes will not do this step. Apple's GarageBand will allow you to create ringtones, and free options include "Ringtone Pimp" for Windows and "Ringtone Chop Shop" for Mac.
- Launch iTunes on your computer. iTunes will help you get ringtones on iPhone 3G devices.
- Install the ringtone files into iTunes. Find your ringtone file and just drag it into your iTunes Library. Drop in the top half of the left column in the iTunes application window.
- Find the new ringtones in iTunes. Look in the iTunes Library for a Ringtones section. You should see your new ringtone listed there.
- Select your iPhone 3G in iTunes and install the new ringtone. Check that the new ringtone will be applied to your iPhone 3G, and sync your iPhone.
- Examine the ringtones listed on your iPhone 3G. The new custom ringtone should be a choice. Select it, and listen.
Tips: The iPhone 3G takes ringtones in the "m4r" format. You can use any software capable of converting an audio file to "m4r". Any clip of 30 seconds or less in "AAC" format ("m4a") will work after it is renamed to an "m4r" extension.