You can learn how to get ripped in 30 days with a strict strength training workout, solid diet and dedication. "Ripped" refers to the extreme definition found in the abs, chest, arms and back. This is mostly seen in men, but with a little more work, women can often see similar results. There are three basic guidelines to getting ripped: cardio, strength training and healthy eating.
To get ripped in 30 days, you will need:
- Access to strength training equipment
- Understanding of healthy eating
- Good fitness shoes
- Cardio. Many fitness buffs confuse cardio with people who are working to lose fat, but you have to eliminate all of the fat from the top of your muscle walls to get ripped. Cardio is the way this is done. Good forms of cardio are running, swimming and biking for 30 minutes per day. You can walk, use the elliptical and other methods, but they will not give you the fast results you're looking for.
- Strength Training. If you have a gym membership, head to the gym. This is the best place for strength training because you have all your equipment in one place and access to a trainer to help you fine tune your workout as you go. If you have a home gym, you can work with that, too. If you don't and you're dedicated, you can use a variety of household items to get the job done. Think full milk jugs for bicep curls, tricep extensions and more. Your strength training routine needs to hit your entire core, back, shoulders and arms to be effective. You need an intensive routine that will likely have you strength training three to five times a week.
- Healthy Eating. How you fuel your body is a direct reflection of how you will look physically. Fiber, lean meats and whole grains encourage muscle growth and proper recovery. Add in a protein booster to drink at the gym to optimize your workouts and muscle development. Work with your trainer on the best nutrition for your goals for getting ripped.
- Sample Workout. Once you have all your other elements in place, you need to work a consistent routine. This routine is progressive and builds on the intensity as you increase your strength. The routine consists of squats, bench, calf raises, lat pulls, abs-situps, tricep curls, dead lifts, bicep curls and a five-minute rest between cycles. Start with a lower weight, increase your weight as you become stronger. Do each exercise for 30 reps and rest between cycles.
- Sample Routine Schedule. Week One: three days per week for two cycles each day. Week Two: four days per week for two cycles each day. Week Three: three days per week for three cycles per day. Week Four: four days per week for three cycles each day or three days per week for four cycles each day.
A routine like this will have you seeing results by week three. Workout with a friend for extra motivation and always use proper form to avoid injury.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.