If you want to know how to get ripped like Hugh Jackman, you need to realize it’s not as simple as going to the gym and lifting a bunch of weights. Several other factors must be dealt with before you strength train or you will never reach Hugh Jackman status.
1. Body type. Your body type determines your diet. Many fitness instructors will tell everyone to follow the plan that worked for them. The problem is not all body types react identically to the same plan.
- Mesomorph. These people build muscle and lost fat easily. Their genes are suited to allow them to see big gains on minimal effort. This body type can easily get ripped like Hugh Jackman.
- Ectomorph. Ectomorphs are skinny. They can’t put on weight or muscle easily, otherwise known as a “hardgainer”. For the ectomorph to get ripped like Hugh Jackman, they need a diet that spurs weight gain.
- Endomorph. Endomorphs tend to be round and carry a lot of fat in the abdominals or buttocks. They usually have no problem gaining muscle but cannot lose weight easily.
2. Carbohydrates, protein, and fat. Next you need to determine your ratios of calories from carbs, proteins, and fats for your diet.
- Mesomorphs will eat a 55-30-15 diet: 55% carbs, 30% protein, and 15% fat. Carbs will give them fuel to recover from their workouts and re-energize.
- Ectomorphs will eat the same as mesomorphs. The 55-30-15 ratio allows them to gain the weight necessary to build muscle while staying trim.
- Endomorphs’ bodies tend to be more sensitive, so they should reduce their carbs and boost protein and fat intake to a 40-40-20 ratio.
3. Weight goals. If you need to maintain, gain, or lose weight, follow these formulas:
- To maintain your weight, multiply your current weight times 14. This is the number of calories you need to eat to maintain.
- To gain, multiply your body weight times 16.
- To lose, multiply your body weight times 12.
4. Calories. You need to know how your percentages translate into calories. Calorie totals are very important to getting ripped like Hugh Jackman.
- For every gram of protein or carbs that you eat, you consume four calories. Every gram of fat translates into nine calories. For example: If you ate a chicken breast with 20 grams of protein, you are consuming 80 calories worth of protein. This is how to calculate the calories in your diet to reach your caloric needs and carb/protein/fat ratios.
5. The right food. Your protein should always be lean protein, like chicken or fish. The carbs should be vegetables, fruit, or whole grains. Don’t consume white, processed carbs or you will never get ripped like Hugh Jackman.
6. Meal frequency. Eat five to six smaller meals every day. Prepare your food at the beginning of the week and store it for later to cut down preparation time. Once you get in this habit, it quickly becomes second nature.
7. Strength training. Focus on complex exercises instead of isolation exercises. Isolation focuses on one muscle group, such as bicep curls or crunches. Complex exercises involve more than one muscle group. By using multiple groups in your exercises, you push them harder and train them faster. Examples:
- Bench press
- Bent over row
- Shoulder press
- Leg lifts (abdominals)
8. Track your results. To see continued muscle growth and fat loss, keep a workout journal. Record the date, exercises, weight, and number of sets and reps. If you can do more than 12 reps, your weights are too light. If you can’t do at least 6-8, the weights are too heavy. By recording your progress you’ll know when you should up your weights or when it may be time to add another set to your routine.
Follow these instructions and you’ll start seeing gains right away. You won’t get shredded instantly, but if you stay with the program and don’t give up, then in six months you’ll have an impressive physique and you’ll be on your way to getting ripped like Hugh Jackman.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.