How To Get A Second Date
The first date was exceptional and you're wondering how to get a second date. Chances are if you're feeling good about the experience, she is, too. Getting a second date is probably easier than you think as long as you make a good impression on the first.
- Be honest. Be exactly who you are if you want to get a second date. If you're 5-foot-7-inch man, say so! Don't nudge your height to 5-foot-9. Women dig honesty. Trust that she has already sized you up in more ways than one. That said, being honest does not mean bringing up your ex-wife and a nasty divorce. While the woman wants to understand who you are, she does not need to learn everything at once.
- Get to know her. Before you jump into wondering how to get a second date, be sure this is a woman you want to spend more time with. Sure, she's red hot, but do you like who she is? Do you get along? Take the time to be her friend first. Slow is often the best way to go.
- Possess good manners. Getting a second date hinges upon you being a gentleman and not a wolf. No matter the chemistry you feel, and she is probably feeling the same way, keep your hands occupied with anything but her. Don't let hormones get the best of you.
- Pay for the meal, movie tickets and coffee. Sure, some women are fiercely independent, but most appreciate the man paying. Doing so can clinch getting a second date. After all, you asked her out. Remember what your mother taught you, if you make an invitation, you pay the expenses. Most of all, if both of you are looking for a long-term relationship, she's sizing you up as a provider. Show her that you have the ability to pay her way.
- Watch the signals. If you want to get a second date, tune into her body language and signals. Some women want to hold hands while others are not affectionate until they know you better. Know if you're boring her as you carry on about your Yorkshire terrier. Figure out if she's into sharing a dessert and if she says,no, trust that she means no.
- Remember the golden rule. Treat her as you want to be treated, if you want to get a second date. If you follow this principle, you'll have no trouble seeing her again.