If you want to know how to get shine back in no wax floors, read on for tips and tricks from the pros. You can use common household items to move dirt and buildup to restore luster to any no wax floor. Gather a few items and get ready to clean.
- broom, vacuum, or dust mop
- dustpan (if you use a broom)
- 1/4 cup ammonia or 1/2 cup vinegar
- gallon-size bucket filled with warm water
- large dry towel
- Using a broom, dust mop, or vacuum (on hard floor setting), sweep the no wax floor. Make sure to clean up any dirt and debris. Get into corners, cracks, and crevices to remove as much dirt as possible. The debris can cause tiny scratches and dull the finish of the no wax floor. Make sure to do this often, preferably every other day if the no wax floor is exposed to high traffic.
- Prepare the bucket with warm water and either 1/4 cup ammonia or 1/2 cup vinegar. Dip your mop into the water and wring well. The mop should be damp, not soaking wet. Mop the no wax floor well, making sure to cover all areas.
- Empty the bucket, and refill with clean warm water. Dip the mop again, and wring well. Go over the entire no wax no wax floor again to rinse the vinegar or ammonia.
- Dry the no wax floor using a large towel. The easiest way to do this is to scoot the towel with your feet while walking across the no wax floor. Make sure to dry it thoroughly. At this point, your floor should be squeaky clean and shiny.
Getting shine back in no wax floors is easy to do if you keep them maintained. Make sure to wipe up spills immediately, and avoid wearing stiletto heels or dragging furniture across them. The key to making them last a long time is minimal water use when cleaning. You should also avoid oil-based soaps, as they will dull the finish. If you must use all-purpose cleaners, don't use more than the recommended amount. Always rinse and dry your no wax floors after cleaning.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...