How To Get The Skulls On Halo 3
Look at the achievements you can unlock on the game and you will start to wonder how to get the skulls on Halo 3 and unlock various achievements. In Halo 3, two types of skulls exist: four Silver Skulls and nine Gold Skulls, for a total of thirteen Skulls.
- Blind. Immediately after you complete your first encounter with the enemy, head toward the water on the right. The first skull sits atop a rock above the water.
- Grunt Birthday Party. As you reach the end of the Drone tunnel, look down to the green arrow directly below you. Creep forward and pull the left thumb-stick back towards you as you start to fall and you will back onto the lower platform. The skull sits at the other end of this platform.
- Combell. Inside the building after the Scarab battle, once you get to the bottom of the clear ramp, look up and you will see the skull sitting on the top level. Place a Gravity Lift halfway up the ramp and run back to the top of the ramp and jump. If your Lift is in the right place, you will float right up to the level with the Combell Skull.
- IWHBYD. To get this last silver skull, you have to jump through the rings going up the path to Truth using a special number order starting with the ring closest to the entrance as the number one ring. The sequence to jump through the rings is; 1,3,4,6,7,5,4,6,5,4,5,3, and 4.
- Iron. Jump onto the railing on the bridge near the Dam and then onto the ledge of the nearby building. Walk down the ledge and turn right at the end to look down at the ground. The skull sits on the ground below, but you can press the right bumper or RB button to pick up and hold the skull until the achievement appears.
- Black Eye. As soon as the second mission begins, walk across the room to the door and you will notice the Black Eye skull on a large pipe over your head. Jump on top of the metal shelves and then onto the narrow red pipe overhead. Jump from the red pipe to the large pipe with the skull.
- Catch. Kill all anti-air Wraiths and ghosts in the field of Mission 4 before you seek the circular building; avoid destroying the Plasma Mortar Wraith. Drive a Warthog directly up to the circular building. Jump out of the Warthog, then on top of it and onto the building. The Catch skull sits on top of this circular building.
- Fog. Climb up the hill from the starting point in Mission 5 and follow the path back down to the city. When the path ends, step on the ramp and look up at the building on your right. A Flood will jump over you from this building. Kill this Flood as it jumps, and it will drop the skull near you.
- Famine. After you fall from the cliff in Mission 6, turn right and drive under the walkway. At the end of the walkway, jump out of your vehicle and onto the large rock and then the walkway, At the end of the walkway, use a Plasma Grenade to propel yourself to the empty space above where the Famine Skull sits.
- Thunderstorm. On the beach in Mission 6, fly the Hornet to the second tower located on the mountains to your right. Go up the ramp and continue up either side of the white ramp to the top where the Thunderstorm Skull sits.
- Tile. In Mission 8, get on the circle platform and then jump onto the purple item beside the weapon rack. Jump on the rock platform and turn left to jump onto the next platform. Turn around and jump to the next platform. Walk around this last platform and find the Tile skull in a pile of guts.
- Mystic. In Mission 9, follow the pathway holding tight to the right wall until the path turns into a narrow trail. The final Gold Skull sits at the end of the trail.