How To Get Smoke Smell Out Of House
Are you looking for tips on how to get smoke smell out of a house? It can be very difficult and time consuming to get a smoke smell out of your house, but it is something that you must do for health reasons. You can get a smoke smell out of your house temporarily by opening your windows or burning scented candles, but the smell will be back before you know it.
To get a smoke smell out of your house, you will need:
- Cleaning products, such as ammonia and glycol solvents
- A vacuum
- A carpet shampoo machine
- Cleaning Products. To begin the process of getting a smoke smell out of your house, you will need to clean all hard surfaces in your home with cleaning products, such as ammonia and glycol solvents. These products may cause damage to different hard surfaces, so be sure to read the labels before using them. If you are unable to use ammonia and glycol solvents, visit your local home improvement center to look for cleaning products that are specifically designed for cleaning counters, floors, etc.
- Paint. Before you paint your walls, scrub them with a wall friendly cleaning product, such as ammonia or vinegar. Smoke smells love to stick to walls, so you will need to paint your walls if you really want to get a smoke smell out of your house. You should consider looking for a paint that has odor blocking capabilities.
- Carpets. You can't forget about your carpets when you are trying to get a smoke smell out of our house. To begin cleaning your carpets, all carpets in your home will need to be vacuumed. If you do not already own a carpet shampoo machine, head on over to your local home improvement store and rent one. You should shampoo all carpets in your home if you are serious about removing the smell of smoke from your house.
- If the smell of smoke is still lingering around after you have cleaned all hard surfaces in your home, painted your walls, and cleaned your carpets, you will need to clean all heating and cooling ducts that are located in your home.