If you are athletic, chances are you will need to learn how to get sweat smell out of clothing. Exercising, participating in sports, and working out in the yard on a hot day can cause you to sweat more than you normally would. The sweat will soak into your clothing, causing it to smell. Regular detergent is not always enough to get rid of the bad odor.
You will need the following items to rid your clothing of the sweat smell:
- Hair shampoo
- Baking soda
- Laundry detergent
- Sweat-stained clothing
Follow these steps to remove the sweat smell:
Look your clothing over to see if any of the sweat has caused a stain. If it has, pour a little hair shampoo in the area. Hair shampoo works great because it strips your hair of oils, and will strip your shirt of the oils from the sweat.
- Fill your washing machine up with water.
- Add a cup of vinegar to the water. Vinegar has a strong odor itself, but that odor will fade. It is really good at getting rid of some of the strongest odors.
- Dump half a cup of baking soda in to the water if the clothing has an extremely strong sweat smell. Baking soda will fight the sweat odor just like the vinegar does. The two ingredients combined will get out all of the odors in your clothing and leave them smelling fresh.
- Add your laundry detergent and your sweaty clothing. Wash as you normally would.
- Dry your clothing in the sun, rather than in the dryer. The sun and fresh air will do wonders to add a nice all natural scent to your clothing.
If your clothing is all white, add a cup of bleach to the washing cycle. Bleach will not only keep your clothing white, but it will also get rid of nasty odors.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
13 Pro Wrestling Tales Too Crazy to be True—But They Are!
Because the gnarliest stuff happens when the cameras are off.