How To Get Tan Fast
Perhaps you have an important first date or an impending vacation and need to know how to get tan fast. If you are startled at the sight of your pasty white legs, there are a few ways that you can make your skin appear sun-kissed. It's true that you can go into the sun to get a tan fast or even visit a tanning bed. However, you probably don't want to age your skin or increase your risk of skin cancer just to obtain the tan. Sunless tanning products have really improved in the past decade. If you prepare your skin ahead of time and use specific application methods, the tan will look great and should last several days. The sunless tanner will develop in a few hours but the bronzer will make you tan immediately.
To get a tan fast, you will need:
- Sunless tanner with bronzer
- Body scrub
- Washcloth or exfoliating gloves
- Body lotion
- Take a shower and exfoliate your skin. This is a necessary step when trying to get a tan that is fast and that also looks real. Use a body scrub and either a washcloth or exfoliating gloves to scrub every inch of your body. Dry off your skin thoroughly with a towel.
- Put on the gloves. The gloves are a necessity as you are using a sunless tanner that includes bronzer. This will stain your hands, even if you wash your hands quickly after application.
- Apply the sunless tanner to your body. Start at your feet and move upwards. Apply it in smooth, long strokes and rub it in until the bronzer is even applied and you have covered every inch of your skin, including your face.
- Put lotion on your hands, wrists, feet, ankles, elbows and knees. As color tends to grab easier in those areas, the lotion will help moisturize the area and prevent you from having a darker tan in those areas.
- Wait at least fifteen minutes before putting on your clothes. This gives the sunless tanner time to dry. If you don't allow the time to dry, your results may be streaky.
- Wear lotion daily to prolong your tan.
- Most sunless tanners do not contain any sunscreen and thus do not offer protection from the sun.