During times of year when travel is the busiest, it's good to know things like how to get through airport security quickly. No one likes standing behind the person in line that has to take off layers of clothes, all kinds of jewelry, and forgot to pack correctly.
Here are Five Things to Keep in Mind to Get Through Airport Security Faster:
- Know the rules. One of the biggest tips for how to get through airport security quickly is simply to familiarize yourself with the laws surrounding the security restrictions in airports. For all carry-on luggage, airports have instilled a "3-1-1" rule. This means that all liquids must be in 3-ounce containers, fit into a 1-quart, zip-top bag, and are limited to 1 bag per traveler. Keeping this in mind as you pack toiletries will certainly help you get through airport security quickly.
- Dress appropriately. Another thing to keep in mind is how you dress. Remember that you will have to remove your shoes to walk through security, so to get through airport security quickly, wear shoes that are easy to slip on and off. Shoes to avoid include high-top sneakers, boots, and dress shoes or sandals with a lot of clasps and straps.
- Pack bulky items. Depending on the weather, it's a good idea to pack coats and jackets, as those will have to be removed at security also and to get through airport security quickly, have it packed so that you don't slow down the line by having to unzip or unbutton and remove a big coat.
- Wear minimal accessories. Another thing to note to get through airport security quickly is to wear minimal accessories such as scarves, sunglasses, and jewelry, and to remove change from your pockets ahead of time. Metals in these accessories set off the security sensors and have to be removed in order to pass through security.
- Be prepared. Finally, in order to get through airport security quickly, be prepared when you get to the line. Have your bag of toiletries out and ready to put through the machine, have your coat and accessories removed if you are wearing any, and slip your shoes off before you get to the front of the line. Keeping these things in mind and being prepared when you arrive at the airport will help you get through airport security quickly.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.