Never panic again about losing important icons once you know how to get the toolbar back on Internet Explorer (IE). Knowing how to add and remove toolbars from view makes customizing and rearranging your IE easy. Don’t freak out if your favorite toolbar suddenly vanishes; just use these simple steps to recover it.
- Click on the “View” menu item at the top of your Internet Explorer window. It is the third choice from the left. If you can’t see the choices at the top, simply hold down the “Alt” key and press the letter “V.” It will bring up the menu selections as well.
- Move your mouse over the “Toolbars” selection in the View menu. You will see the toolbars that are available for viewing listed.
- Click the toolbar you want to get back on your Internet Explorer. You will see a checkmark next to the toolbars that are visible. Those toolbars without checkmarks are available for use, but not currently showing on your IE window.
Alternate steps to access the toolbars:
- Right-click in an empty space at the top of your IE in the toolbar area. This will bring up a toolbar menu similar to the one in the View/Toolbar section.
- Click to get a checkmark next to the missing toolbar. This will make your missing toolbar visible once again. This menu also has a section for customizing your toolbars.
To avoid accidentally moving or rearranging your toolbars, click the “Lock Toolbars” option in the toolbar menu. Click again to unlock.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
As Boogie Nights Turns 20, Here’s What You Didn’t Kno...
Fun facts about Paul Thomas Anderson, Dirk Diggler, Rollergirl and more.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
19 Men’s Grooming Gaffes That Totally Turn Women Off
And what to do about them.