If you’ve always had a need for speed and have wondered how to get into touring car racing, understand that at first it is a long and winding road, but not impossible. Other people, perhaps less talented people, have succeeded, so why not you? If you are truly convinced that the touring car racing industry is your niche, you must first get on track with a few basic first steps to learn how to get into touring car racing.
To get into touring car racing you will need:
- Mechanic Tools
- Racing Simulators
- Uncut Videos
- Racing Helmets/Gear
- Jump start your car racing career early. If you are still very young, it’s a good idea to get the feel of the track by getting involved in go-kart racing. Of course, this is not the same thing as touring car racing, but it will teach you balance and how to negotiate turns. It is also a good tool to learn the basics of passing, braking and the rules of the track. Car racing simulators, watching uncut videos of car racing, and indoor karting will make you sharper and give you the opportunity to polish up on your race track technique.
- Watch the local pros. Check out your local stock tracks. The racing scene is where you need to be so hang out at speed shops to observe from experienced touring car racing professionals. Ask for tips from them, and mimic their techniques. Learn all you can before even buying your first race car. Watching closely with binoculars and learning from those that do it everyday is not the same thing as real seat time, but it is vital to soak up all the knowledge you can now, before doing it yourself.
- Volunteer. The best way to learn is from the ground up. Volunteer to be a pit crew member for a touring car racer. In this way, you can learn all about chassis setups, tuning engines and changing tires. In addition, you will get to know the touring car racing members. It’s all about networking at this stage of your racing career.
- Make your move. Once you feel you have most of the mechanics down of touring car racing, set about looking for a dedicated track car. It would be especially awesome if you could find one that did not require too much maintenance, but be prepared to have to do a great deal of work tweaking the engine. This is not necessarily a bad thing. Spending so much time with your practice car will allow you to understand it, feel it, and experience the rush, once it’s ready to roll.
- Hone your skills. You may want to join a popular, yet inexpensive touring car racing class. Consequently, while learning, practicing and networking with your peers was important before, experience should now be your new best friend.
- Get a sponsor. Your main objective is now to get to the next level and attain a local sponsor. Sponsorship dollars will allow you to jump up to the purpose-built touring car racers. People who sponsor teams need to be aware of you. This is what will eventually carry you up towards the ranks of the American Speed Association, the Winston Cup, Busch Grand National and the NASCAR series.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.