Knowing how to get urine out of suede is a process that needs to be done with caution. Suede is a delicate material that can easily be ruined. Urine causes bacteria and a lingering smell, but it can be removed from suede.
What you need to get urine out of suede:
- Dry cloths
- White vinegar
- Baking soda
- Professional cleaner
- Pat dry all moisture from the suede. If you get after the urine while it is fresh, grab a dry cloth and pat dry the wet spot from the suede. Use some pressure to get as much moisture out of the suede as possible. Do this until the suede is dry and most of the urine is absorbed by the cloth.
- Put some white vinegar on the urine spot. Pour some white vinegar on a dry cloth and blot the urine spot. The vinegar works as a natural enzyme that will get rid of bacteria and odor lingering in the suede. You only need a small amount of vinegar so you don't cause any damage or discoloration to the suede material.
- Get a damp cloth. After you have blotted out the urine from the suede, you need to get the vinegar out of the suede. Get a damp cloth and blot the area of suede that the vinegar was applied to. If you leave the vinegar on the fabric for too long it may cause a stain that you cannot remove. The urine will be gone, but you will have a light spot on the suede.
- Dry the spot where the urine was. Using a dry cloth, pat dry the wet suede until it is dry. Leaving suede wet will cause damage to the material. Make sure it is completely dry.
- Another method to getting urine out of suede is baking soda. After you do step one, sprinkle some baking soda over the urine spot and add a few drops of water to make a thick paste. The baking soda will get rid of bacteria, thus removing the urine smell from the suede. Let the baking soda dry and vacuum it off the suede. Repeat step three and four.
- Get a professional. If your suede is a garment, a dry cleaner can successfully get the urine out of it. If it is your suede furniture that has urine on it, call a carpet and upholstery cleaner to fix the problem. A professional cleaner is highly certified to get the urine out of your suede without causing any damage to the fabric.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
13 Pro Wrestling Tales Too Crazy to be True—But They Are!
Because the gnarliest stuff happens when the cameras are off.