How To Get Water Based Paint Out Of Polyester Clothes
Learning how to get water-based paint out of polyester clothes is surprisingly simple. Any time you are working with a water-based stain, you can rest assured that it will come out if you learn the proper technique. Use the materials listed below and follow the steps to learn how to get water-based paint out of polyester clothes.
To get water-based paint out of polyester clothes, you will need:
- A metal spoon
- A clean rag
- Clear dish detergent
- Commercial stain remover
- A toothbrush
- Remove the excess. The first step in learning how to get water-based paint out of polyester clothes is to remove all the excess paint from the clothing. Use a metal spoon to gently lift off any visible paint. Be careful to lift and not rub.
- Blot. Use a clean rag to blot the material, but do not rub! You'll be able to see the paint transferring from the clothing onto the rag.
- Rinse. The trick to learning how to get water-based paint out of polyester clothes is to use water to force the stain out. Flip the garment inside out and run it under cold water running at full force. This will help to push a portion of the stain out the front of the clothing, which will make the stain easier to remove.
- Treat. Combine 1/4 tablespoon clear dish detergent (the type of detergent you would use to hand-wash dishes) with one cup of warm water. Use a clean rag to apply the mixture directly to the stain. Work in a circular motion, turning the cloth frequently.
- Rinse. Again, flip the garment inside out and rinse with cold water under full power. Massage the material with your hand as you rinse. This process will help you et water-based paint out of polyester.
- Deal with stubborn stains. The steps listed above should remove the paint. However, stubborn stains may require additional treatment. If the paint is still present, dip a toothbrush into a powdered commercial stain remover and rub into the fabric. Repeat the rinsing process and the stain will be removed.
- Launder. The final step in getting water-based paint out of polyester clothes is to launder the garment in your washing machine using hot water. Do not place the item in the dryer until you are certain that the stain has been entirely removed.