How to Get Wii Points
Because Wii Points can be used to purchase classic games or WiiWare on the Nintendo Wii Shop Channel, most gamers who own a Wii want to know how to get Wii Points for themselves. Nintendo made sure that getting and activating your Wii Points would not be a difficult task, and it starts with the simple task of entering a store.
In order to get and use Wii Points, you will need:
- Nintendo Wii
- Wii Points card
- An Internet connection
- Purchase a Wii Points card. The Wii Points cards can be bought at just about any retailer where Nintendo Wii games are sold, such as GameStop, Walmart, Target or Best Buy. Wii Points cards can also be purchased through online retailers like Amazon.com or the online store of any of the listed companies.
- Turn on your Wii and enter the Wii Shop Channel through the Wii Menu. Click "Start Shopping" then "Add Wii Points" followed by "Redeem Wii Points." There is a number on the back of your Wii Points Card; enter it into the space provided on the screen and press "OK."
- Select "Redeem." You will receive a confirmation; the Wii Points will be on your system allowing you to buy Virtual Console games and Wii Ware.
Wii Points can also be obtained directly through the Wii Shop Channel using either a Visa or MasterCard credit card:
- Access the Wii Shop Channel through the top Wii menu. From there, select "Start Shopping."
- Select "Add Wii Points." Then, select "Buy Wii Points with a Credit Card."
- Select how many Wii Points you want to purchase. Then choose your credit card type. Enter the card number, expiration date, and three-digit code and select "OK." Next enter your city, state, zip code and county.
- Review the purchase details. When you've made sure everything is correct, select "OK." You will receive a confirmation showing that the Wii Points are now on your system.