How To Get Wrinkles Out Of Polyester Clothes
It is easy to learn how to get wrinkles out of polyester clothes, but sometimes it can be hard to actually perform the task. Try these methods to see if they help you get wrinkles out of polyester clothes. If the problem persists, take your clothes to a professional dry cleaning service.
Things you need to get wrinkles out of polyester clothes:
- Ironing board
- Spray bottle filled with water
- Make sure to wash the item before you try to get wrinkles out of polyester clothes. Toss the clothes in your washing machine and wash your clothes using a warm water setting. When the washer is done, remove the clothes and place them in your dryer. Be sure to shake out the excess water before you dry the clothes.
- Do not let the clothes just sit in the dryer or the wrinkles will get even worse. Remove the clothes from the dryer after ten minutes. Shake them, then hang them up to air dry. When you are trying to get wrinkles out of polyester clothes, check them after a few minutes and gently smooth any wrinkles to see if that cures the problem.
- If the wrinkles are still there, once the clothes fully dry get your iron. Set up your ironing board and turn the iron on. Shake the clothes to remove any loose particles, then turn them inside out. Place the clothing on the ironing board and gently run your hand over the wrinkled areas. Place the iron on the wrinkles and move it back and forth. When you get wrinkles out of polyester clothes, do not let the iron sit on the clothing for more than a quick second, or you may damage the polyester.
- See if the iron removed the wrinkles. If not, use a spray bottle filled with water and wet the wrinkles. Iron the areas a second time. If the wrinkles are still there, try to steam the clothing by hanging them in your bathroom with the shower turned on the hottest setting. This may help you get wrinkles out of polyester clothes.