How To Get Your Football Gloves Sticky
Learn how to get your football gloves sticky. It is very important to have a football glove with a good amount tack to it. Fumbling the ball during a play is nothing short of embarrassing and, at times, can cost your team the game. Here are some tricks to keeping your football gloves sticky.
To keep your football gloves sticky, you will need:
- "Tuff Skin" Medical Adhesive
- Washing Machine
- Warm, Dissolved Sugar Water
- Make sure the surface of the glove it relatively clean. Using a wet rag, clean off the surface of your glove.
- Spray "Tuff Skin" onto the glove. Holding the spray 2 to 3 inches away from the surface, spray "Tuff Skin" to the surface of the glove. Make sure to keep an even coat when doing so. Try spraying in a circular motion to achieve the best and most even coverage.
- Try the "Spit Technique" throughout the game. If the "Tuff Skin" is becoming a bit hard due to extreme cold or dry air, spitting into your gloves can help moisturize the "Tuff Skin" make into its sticky form
- Try using "Stick-Um" just before the game. "Stick-Um" can come in a powder or spray form. Just before a game, it can help to add a little "umph" to the stickiness of your gloves.
After care for your gloves is quite important as well. Try to machine wash them about once a month in order for them to stay fresher and more mailable. Too much stickiness can make the gloves harder and catching a bit more difficult.