Learning how to get your girlfriend to like video games is a worthwhile endeavor. It can make the relationship stronger, more resilient…and more based around playing video games. But how can you get your girlfriend to like video games if she doesn't already? Follow these tips and your girlfriend will be down and out with a case of Nintendo thumb in no time!
- Casual Games Your girlfriend probably isn't interested in the outrageously difficult Nazi Troll hunting game with the thousands of different weapon choices and upgrade options. So pick up some stuff that she can just start playing right away – Wii Sports, Mario Kart, the LEGO games – as far as game selection goes it's never been easier to get your girlfriend to like video games.
- Don't Let Her Win And good lord, if you do let her win, don't tell her! This A: Defeats the purpose of letting her win, and B: Makes you seem like an insecure jackass. But the best approach in this arena is to strike a happy medium between "letting her win" and "obliterating her to the point where she will never pick up a video game controller again." If you can strike that balance you're one step closer to getting your girlfriend to like video games.
- Lighten Up It is, after all, only a game. So try to keep the frustrated yelling and obscenities to a minimum. Telling her to "sit out for a minute" on New Super Mario Bros. Wii can be a good strategy for getting your girlfriend to like video games as long as you're polite. Be nice!
- Take An Interest In Other, Less-Video-Game-Related Pursuits This is kind of a quid pro quo sort of thing. It will be much easier to get your girlfriend to like video games if she believes that you're willing to make an effort to like something she enjoys. Like, we dunno, "Top Chef" or something.
- Make It Sexy Getting your girlfriend to like video games isn't all soul-sucking drudgery and despair – it can also be sexy! Without getting too explicit, let's just say that your imagination can be your guide when trying to get your girlfriend to like video games, especially when those video games now involve all manner of vibrating instruments and the like. Is that a game room or some kind of sex dungeon?
There you have it – follow this guide and getting your girlfriend to like video games can go from an impossible dream to virtual reality! You're welcome!