Are you wondering how to get your scuba diving license? Scuba diving certification or licensing is required before divers are eligible to rent scuba gear or equipment. The licensing process is administered through a training organization such as PADI, the Professional Association of Diving Instructors and can be attained rather quickly. How can you become a certified scuba diver?
What equipment and materials do you need to get your scuba diving license?
- An Accredited Certified Scuba Diving Instructor
- Classroom Training and Exam, traditional or home study
- Personal Scuba Gear, to include at least a face mask, snorkel, fins, and other gear as required or included with course
- Scheduling Availability to Complete Confined Dives
- Scheduling Availability to Complete Open Water Dives
- Locate a Certified Scuba Diving Instructor. You will need to locate a local certified dive school in order to complete the hands-on, practical dives required to complete your scuba licensing process.
- Complete Knowledge Building Classroom Training. The training course may be completed through traditional classroom study available via a certified dive instructor or through home study materials or online. The classroom portion of the certification must be completed and an exam passed prior to advancing to the actual diving portions of certification.
- Finish the Confined Water Dives. Once the classroom portion of the process is finished, participants are scheduled to complete a series of confined water dives. Check with your dive school as some of your dive equipment may be included in your dive training package. Through a series of progressively challenging dives, participants learn how to operate dive gear and practice techniques and skills necessary to diving in a confined water environment such as a local pool.
- Complete an Open Water Dive. Once the basics are learned and mastered in confined waters, participants must apply that knowledge to an actual open water dive environment.
- Receive your Scuba Diving Certification card. Upon completion of your scuba diving training, you will be issued a certification card to prove that you are a qualified diver at the course level chosen.
- Maintain Skills and Refresh as Required. Remember to maintain your log book and participate in refresher courses and advanced training as necessary.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…