How To Get Your Voice Back When You Lose It
If you are unable to speak, you like want to know how to get your voice back when you lose it as quickly as possible. Not being able to use your voice handicaps you from doing so many things. Losing your voice can be caused by screaming too loud at a concert, illness or even polyps. Irritation on the vocal cords can lead to a raspy or silent voice.
To get your voice back when you lose it, you will need:
- Herbal tea
- Drink herbal, caffeine-free tea with a bit of honey. Non-herbal teas, and those with caffeine, are acidic which can make your voice even worse. Choose herbal teas such as jasmine or peppermint. Stay away from any teas that contain lemon or orange. Often people drink lemon with tea thinking that it soothes the throat. It actually makes it worse.
- Drink lots of water. Cold or hot, water keeps your vocal cords lubricated which is key to get your voice back when you love it.
- Use a humidifier. It works in a similar way to water. The steam from the humidifier lubricates your vocal cords and throat. Run it both during the day and put it in your bedroom while sleeping.
- Be totally silent. Don't even try to whisper. You must completely rest your vocal cords to get your voice back when you lose it.
- It can take several days to a week to get your voice back.
- Visit the doctor if you don't get your voice back after one week.