How To Give Good Massages
Want to know how to give good massages without worrying that you're doing the wrong thing? Well, great! Here are all the steps needed to give good massages without the worry and anxiety. Any massage feels great to anyone, as long as you don't pinch or punch the person. However, there are certain techniques you can use to make massages more pleasurable and more relaxing. This article will provide you will the basics on how to give good massages.
Things you will need:
- Dim lighting
- Low toned music
- Massage Oil
- Start off the massage with the right setting. If you want to give good massages, you need to start the atmosphere. Start by turning the lights on low, or turning the lights off and using candles. Dim light often makes a person feel more relaxed instantly. This will help set the mood for your massage. You may also want to turn sensual or soothing music on low, depending on what type of mood you want to set. Think about things like the temperature as well. No one wants a massage in the freezing cold, so make sure the room is a comfortable temperature.
- Start your massages from the top. Often, people tend to think that the first place to start a massage is the back, but in reality it's best to start off with a massage at the neck or shoulders, or even better the head. When you start off by rubbing the head, it gives a more relaxed feeling to the person. If you want to create a more sensual massage, start off at the shoulders and arms.
- Be sure to massage every part of the area. The best massages are always the more concentrated massages. Be sure to rub the backs of the arms, the elbows, and even fingers for a more sensual feel to the massage. Try to reach every area possible for light finger tips but with a firm grip. Try not pinch but roll the skin between your fingertips.
- Concentrate the the lower and upper back equally. With body massages, it seems that either a person will rub one area too much or too little. Try to treat each part of the back equally. Use a bit of a firmer kneed or grip with the back. Roll your entire palm. You may even want to try pressing down and twisting your fist in certain spots; ask your partner what they like better. Communication will let you know the right amount of pressure to use in your massage.
- Be sure to massage the legs and feet as well. Many people forget about the legs and feet of a person when giving a massage, but that's the best part. As it isn't healthy to rub the legs too much, try to kneed down the legs slowly while getting down to the feet. Light brush strokes down the legs will do just fine. When you reach the feet, concentrate on each area of the foot including the heals to each toe.
Giving good massages is all about the person you are massaging. Communicate with them to make sure they are enjoying it, and even let the person chime in and listen to their needs. It's the best way to give a good massage. Every person has different needs with the muscles of their body.