How To Give A Great Kiss
Need to learn how to give a great kiss? Kissing is an important sign of romance and affection, so you want to do things right and make a good impression on your partner. Different people have different ideas of what makes a great kiss, so the most important part of kissing is paying attention to your partner and showing her that you want to learn.
- Freshen your breath. Even a great kiss will be unpleasant if your mouth tastes foul. If you can, brush your teeth before kissing; if not, eat a breath mint or chew some gum. Just make sure you're done before you go for the kiss--gum swapping might be an amusing joke in a teen comedy, but it's probably not something your kissing partner will appreciate in real life.
- Breathe through your nose. You may need to take a deep breath before you give a great kiss, so you won't have to come out gasping for air. Breathe through your nose to keep the kiss going, or pull away gently when you need to take a breath.
- Close your eyes. Some couples may think that staring romantically into each others' eyes makes for a great kiss, but often keeping your eyes open just comes across as creepy. It's best to start with your eyes closed, then discuss other possibilities with your partner.
- Move gently. Press your lips to your partner's and move gently in a circle. Using tongue can help you give a great kiss--but again, be gentle. Stabbing, thrusting or slobbering with your tongue isn't very romantic.
- Use your hands. You can't give a great kiss if your hands just stay awkwardly at your sides. Use your hands to gently touch and caress your partner's back, arms or face. If you put your hands on your partner's head, don't pull her to you and make her feel like she can't break off the kiss.
- Respond to your partner. If this is a first kiss or your partner is not expecting it, ask for permission instead of just diving in. Pay attention, when you're giving a great kiss, so you can figure out what your partner likes and doesn't like--and talk to each other to determine which kissing techniques work best for you as a couple.