If you want to have your wife or girlfriend eating out of the palm of your hand, you want to learn how to give a Japanese foot massage (also called shiatsu). Japanese foot massage is an ancient art based on reflexology, an alternative medicine theory that believes that by applying pressure to certain points in the hands and feet, you can affect the health of the various internal organs. Whether reflexology works as a medical treatment or not, it's guaranteed that a Japanese foot massage will be an unexpected and delightful treat for the woman in your life, and just might make her eager to give you something in return.
To give a Japanese foot massage, you'll need:
- foot brush
- basin or small tub
- scented oil or baby oil (optional)
- shiatsu stick (optional)
- scented candles (optional)
soft music (optional)
- Set the Mood. One of the most important aspects of a massage is the ambiance, so lower the lights, set out a scented candle or two and put on some soft music.
- Clean and dry the feet well. Use warm water in the basin to soak the feet, and clean them well with a gentle soap and a foot brush. It's important that the feet are very clean, because dust and dirt will become a nuisance as you perform the massage. Use a towel to dry the feet thoroughly, paying careful attention to the area between the toes.
- Start with the sole of the foot. Using your thumb or shiatsu stick, press firmly in the center of the foot. Work on the arch, moving from the heel towards the ball. Begin gently, steadily increasing the pressure as you work. If you don't use a shiatsu stick, you can apply more pressure by using both thumbs, one on top of the other. Or, clench your fist and use your finger knuckle to knead into tough spots. The goal is to use vertical pressure rather than a rubbing or typical massaging motion.
- Move to the sides of the foot. Make a fist, and use the knuckles of your hand in a rocking motion to knead along the sides of the foot. Communicate with your partner to make sure you apply a comfortable level of pressure. You don't want to cause any pain or discomfort.
- Don't forget the ankle. Using your thumb and forefinger, grasp the top of the ankle, behind the foot. Gently squeeze the Achilles tendon, working your way down towards the heel.
- End with a gentle massaging motion. While the focus of the Japanese foot massage is on applying vertical pressure to specific spots, you should finish by using a more traditional rubbing massage motion with a scented oil. Use a light touch to help the foot relax.
Learning how to do a Japanese foot massage is a great way to create intimacy between and your partner. Even if you don't have the technique down perfect, the act of massaging your wife or girlfriend's feet will give her great pleasure and will open doors to more open communications. Remember, there is no one perfect foot massage, so don't be afraid to give it a try.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Why Your Wife May Be Unhappy in Your Marriage and How it Can...
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.