Knowing how to give a neck massage can make you the hero to some of the women in your life. As stress from work, family, and relationships build up, you can start to feel tension in the neck and shoulder area. You don't have to be a professional to give a neck massage and help with relaxation.
To give a neck massage you will need:
- neck massager
- lotion/oil (each of these are optional)
- Begin by making sure that the area is clear so you can begin the neck massage. If she has long hair, you want to make sure that it is put up in some type of clip. Also, asking her to change into something that makes giving a neck massage easier would help.
- Gently rub the neck from the base of the skull and down into the shoulders. Be sure to just go in one direction. If you are using a lotion or oil, be sure to only use a little as a time. You can always add more, but it can be tough if you put too much on.
- Slowly increase the pressure and you rub from the base of the skull down into the shoulders. Make sure that you rub all the way out to the end of the shoulders. As you are doing this, you may want to ask her if the pressure is okay. It should be firm, but not so much that it hurts.
- Rest your hands on the shoulders. Now, continue the neck massage by using your thumbs and pressing them up the back of the neck.
- When you get to the base of the skull, take time to rub your thumbs simultaneously in circles. Again, check to make sure the pressure is okay. This can be a sensitive area of the body and you don't want it to hurt.
- If you have a neck massager, you can rub it up and down the neck or in circles. There are so many different kinds of neck massagers and you can choose one that will work best for you.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.