How To Glaze Furniture
Understanding how to glaze furniture can be used to give your furniture a different look. Specific glazes can give furniture an old, rustic look or a more modern appeal. Either way, applying glaze to furniture should be done in a certain way. Here are a few steps that will help you glaze your furniture with no problems.
To glaze furniture, you will need:
- Finishing product
- Water or oil-based glaze
- Apply a finish. Use your rag to apply a layer of finish to the furniture you want to glaze.
- Pick the glaze you want to use. You can use use an oil-based glaze with a solvent-based finish or a water-based glaze with a water-based finish. Oil-based glazes are easier to use when you are glazing furniture, but they take much longer to dry and exhibit a strong odor. Pick whatever glaze you feel will best suit your furniture.
- Apply the glaze. Go ahead and use a rag to apply your glaze to your furniture. Make sure the glaze is applied to every area of the furniture you want to glaze.
- Wipe off the glaze. Once the glaze begins to loose its shine, wipe it off. You should try and wipe the glaze off before it becomes too hard because once it is hard, it becomes very difficult to wipe off.
- Don't forget to seal the glaze. Add a layer of finish to lock in the glaze.
If done right, glazing furniture can be an entertaining experience. Just make sure to follow these steps to avoid any unneeded headaches.