If you’ve got two pieces of PVC pipe and you need to get them together, you don’t have to just wrap them up in duct tape and call it a day, you just need to learn how to glue PVC pipe pieces together. PVC pipe is ideal for use in plumbing, venting and even building, since the pieces can fit together by connectors creating an uninterrupted pipe. Gluing the PVC pipe and connectors together is not only one of the easiest ways to connect the pieces, when the PVC is glued properly, the seals become watertight. If you are going to glue together PVC pipe for plumbing use, make sure your glue has a “UPC” shield on it, so that it is approved for use in drain pipes.
Things you will need:
- Cement primer
- Clear PVC cement
- Apply your cement primer to the PVC. Remove the cap from the can of primer and dip your brush into the can. Place the primer onto the outside of the PVC pipe and the inside of the PVC connector. Run your brush along the PVC until you get one thin coat over the entire area.
- Wait for the primer to dry. This should only take a few minutes.
- Apply the glue to the PVC pipe and connector. The glue should go over the same places as the primer. Remove the cap from the glue and you should see an applicator connected to the cap. If you don't, you will need another brush. Apply the glue in the same manner as the primer, and make sure that the entire area around the inside of the connector and the outside of the pipe is covered in glue.
- Slide the PVC pipe into the connector. Push on the pipe until it cannot go in any further.
- Twist the pipe one-quarter turn. This will spread out the glue and let it seal faster. Wipe off any excess glue with a paper towel. Unless it is cold outside, your PVC pipe glue should be dry within a few minutes.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?