How To Go Green
You want to help the environment, but you are not sure how to go green. Simple, everyday things everyone can do that only take a few seconds. Easy things one person can do like not being so wasteful, not leaving lights on and unnecessarily using electricity. Little things don't seem like they’ll make a difference, but if numerous households all did the same small things to go green, our environment would be a lot healthier.
- Re-use things when ever possible. If you are not ready to take your own reusable bag to the store, stick with the brown bag. It's not like you have to throw the brown bag into the garbage once you put your groceries away. Use the brown bag for your recycling, or for an art project, etc. It may only get used one other time, but that's another time it didn't go into the landfill.
- Recycle what ever you can. Tons of businesses do this now to go green. If you are not doing it at home, maybe you can start small. Garbage companies usually have recycle bins to put your recyclables into and include recycling pick-up service. If not, consider finding out where the nearest recycling center is and take your cans, paper, packaging and so on there.
- Conserving electricity. This is another simple way to go green, but it's easy to forget. Turn the lights off when you leave a room. Unplugging your cell phone charger once your phone is completely charged. Unplugging things all the time may seem inconvenient, but it conserves energy.
- Saving water. Cut back on your shower time. When you brush your teeth, shut the water off in between rinsing. This cuts back on wasting water and is a simple way to go green. When you wash the dishes turn the water off in between washing and rinsing.
- Go even greener. Now this is a big step, but many people are trying it out. Leave your car at home a couple days of the week and bike to work or car pool. It's not for everyone, but It's certainly an extra attempt to go green.