How To Grill Asparagus
If you want to incorporate more vegetables into your summertime meals, you should learn how to grill asparagus. It is easy to prepare and will taste great with that chicken or burger. But let’s face it, everything taste better on the grill.
You will need the following ingredients to prepare your grilled asparagus:
- 1 lbs asparagus
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon (optional instead of shredded Parmesan cheese)
- Cut the ends of the asparagus and wash it thoroughly.
- On a plate or flat surface, lay out your trimmed asparagus.
- Pour your vegetable oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder onto the asparagus.
- Rub the asparagus so that it is evenly covered.
- Place the asparagus on a preheated grill. Be careful how you place the asparagus, it may fall through the grates.
- Turn the asparagus every two minutes, allowing it to cook evenly on each side. You will know it is done when you see caramelized brown spots on the asparagus. It should take about six to ten minutes total to cook. Don't overcook it.
- Remove the asparagus from the grill and sprinkle with cheese. Another alternative is to squeeze lemon juice onto the asparagus or just eat as is.
- Serve immediately! Asparagus taste best when they're hot. If you are cooking other foods on the gril, it is best to wait and cook the asparagus last. It will take less time to cook and will be more enjoyable.