Brisket is a cut of beef that prefers to be braised. So the question arises; how to grill brisket so that it will remain moist and tender. The key to grilling brisket is slow heat, sauces and water. Within several hours, you will have moist, tender brisket that your friends will envy.
- Sharp knife
- 2 – Throwaway aluminum pans
- Aluminum foil
- 2 – jars of your favorite barbecue sauce
- Prepared grill
- Barbecue basting brush
- Barbecue tongs or fork
- Cut away all visible fat from the brisket using a sharp knife. Most briskets are sold with a thick layer of fat on the bottom.
- Pour half of one bottle of barbecue sauce into the bottom of a throwaway aluminum pan. Place the trimmed brisket into the pan.
- Pour the remaining half of the sauce over the top of the brisket. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and allow the brisket to marinate, refrigerate in the sauce for 4 to 6 hours.
- Remove the brisket from the refrigerator and carry to the prepared grill. Use tongs or a fork to transfer the brisket to the grill pan.
- Sear the brisket on both sides for 5 to 10 minutes or until fully browned. A good indication is when the brisket is lined with grill marks.
- Transfer the brisket to a new throwaway aluminum pan and pour the contents of the second bottle of barbecue sauce over the top. Add 2 cups of water to the bottom of the pan. Cover with foil.
- Cook over moderate heat on the grill. Baste the brisket every 30 minutes and turn the brisket in the pan every hour. Add water as necessary to keep at least 1 inch of water in the pan at all times.
- Add coals as necessary to maintain the heat if cooking with charcoal. The brisket is done when the meat can be pulled apart with a fork or your fingers.
Tips and Warnings: If you have a recipe handy, you can make your own barbecue sauce for brisket. You will need a total of about 32 ounces of sauce.
Failure to keep water in the bottom of the pan will leave you with a dry cut of barbecued meat. It will smell good, but not be very delicious to eat.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!