Learn how to grill Italian sausage for quick and easy summer meals. Grilled Italian sausage is perfect in toasted French-style rolls with sauteed or grilled onions or peppers. Another tasty option is to slice the grilled Italian sausage and serve it mixed with prepared pasta and grilled vegetables, steamed shellfish and fresh grated parmesan cheese, butter, salt and pepper, garlic or other seasonings.
To grill Italian sausage, you will need:
- 4 uncooked sweet or hot Italian hot sausage links
- ¼ cup coarse-grain mustard (optional)
- 1 tablespoon water (if using glaze)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (if making sandwiches)
Steps to grill Italian Sausage:
- Prick several holes in each sausage link with the tines of a fork. This will help keep sausage from bursting while cooking.
- Combine sausage and enough water to cover the links. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover while simmering for 5 minutes. Drain the water.
- Make a simple mustard glaze for the sausages, if desired. Combine 2 tablespoons of the coarse ground mustard and 1 tablespoon of water. Set the glaze mixture aside.
- Prepare a charcoal grill and cook the Italian sausages directly over medium coals for 10 to 12 minutes. Sausages should be evenly browned and the juices should run clear. If using glaze, brush with the mustard mixture halfway through the grilling time.
- Grill meat on medium heat of a gas grill if you're not using a charcoal grill. Cover and grill as for charcoal instructions.
- Remove sausages from grill and combine the remaining mustard with the mayonnaise if making sandwiches. Serve with grilled onions and peppers or use the grilled Italian sausage with other ingredients as desired.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.