Grilling makes food take better as you will discover when you learn how to grill London broil. London broil is a method of cooking cuts of meat that are less tender like chuck, top round or flank steak. Marinating, grilling and thinly slicing a slab of beef steak is what makes it a London broil. Meats that are perfect for grilling will be marked for London broil on the label of the package.
To grill London broil, you will need:
- Wire barbecue brush
- 3 to 5 lbs. London broil
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 tbsp. ground ginger
- 1 small onion
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Clean the grill. Clean the grill well in advance of grilling. Turn the gas grill on high or light some coals on a charcoal grill to heat the grill for five to ten minutes. Scrape the grill with a wire barbecue brush to remove burnt-on bits. Let the grill cool completely. Use a folded paper towel and vegetable oil to coat the grill with oil.
- Mix the marinade. Finely chop a small onion and set it aside. Peel ten cloves of garlic and cut off the ends. Use a garlic press or carefully hammer a large knife placed over a garlic clove to crush the garlic. Additional chopping may be needed to prepare the garlic. Place the garlic in a bowl and mix in the vinegar and ground ginger.
- Marinade the London broil. Rinse the London broil in clear water and pat dry with a paper towel. Place the meat in a glass baking dish where it can sit flat. Sprinkle both sides of the London broil with salt and pepper (optional) to taste. Pour the marinade mixture over the meat, making sure to cover it completely. Cover the meat with chopped onion. Marinade the London broil for at least ttwo hours, turning the meat twice. The London broil can soak in the marinade up to 24 hours while turning the meat a few times. Cover the dish with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate. Bring the meat to room temperature before cooking.
- Preheat the grill. Turn the gas grill on medium to heat the grill or light charcoal and wait until the coals look white or ashy.
- Grill the London broil. Remove the meat from the marinade onto a clean plate. Place the London broil on the heated grill. Cook the London broil four to five minutes. Turn the meat over when the bottom is well-browned. Brown the second side of the meat. Turn the London broil over again and lower the heat to low. Cook until red juices appear on the surface of the London broil, then turn it over until the red juices appear again. Remove the London broil from the grill and place it on a clean plate. Cover the London broil with foil and let it stand for ten to fifteen minutes until it sits in a puddle of juices on the plate. Move the meat to a cutting board and cut the London broil into thin slices, similar to a loaf of bread. Return the sliced meat to the plate, spoon the juices over the top of the London broil and serve.
Tips & Warnings:
- Dripping fat can start flames that will cook your London broil unevenly. Keep a spray bottle filled with water handy to spray down flames. Use care not to spray the meat you are grilling.
- Do not coat the grill with spray-on oil. It will cause flames and increase smoke while cooking.
- Never place grilled meat on the same plate that held the raw meat to avoid illness.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!