Create a delectable meal on the barbecue when you learn how to grill Mahi Mahi. This tasty tropical fish, also know as dolphin fish, has a light flavor with a hint of sweetness, that is enhanced by marinating before grilling. It takes only a few minutes to grill Mahi Mahi to perfection.
To grill Mahi Mahi, you will need:
- Mahi Mahi steaks, ½ inch thick
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Lemon, juiced
- Clean and oil the grill well in advance. Heat the gas grill on high and close the lid. Wait five to ten minutes then use a wire brush to scrap off any burned debris. Allow the grill to cool completely with the lid open. Fold a paper towel and pour a small amount of cooking oil in the center. Apply a coat of oil to the grill. Follow the same instructions for a charcoal with the difference of lighting coals to heat the grill.
- Mix the marinade. Combine soy sauce, vinegar, olive oil, minced garlic, salt, and lemon juice in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Marinade the Mahi Mahi steaks. Place the Mahi Mahi steaks in a baking dish and pour the marinade over the steak until they are completely covered. Cover the dish and refrigerate for at least an hour. Turn the Mahi Mahi steaks over every fifteen minutes and spoon the marinade over the top to cover completely.
- Preheat the grill on a high heat. Place the marinated Mahi Mahi steaks on the hot grill and close the lid. Cook for two to three minutes. Use a BBQ spatula to flip the Mahi Mahi steaks on the grill. Grill the second side for two to three minutes. Serve hot over a bed of wild rice or a light pasta dish and garnish with lemon wedges.
Tips: Mahi Mahi on the grill can easily overcook and dry out. Never leave the grilling Mahi Mahi unattended. Mahi Mahi should look opaque in the center when it has finished cooking.
Warning: Make certain to coat the grill with a generous coat of cooking oil or the Mahi Mahi will stick to the grill.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.