How To Grill Squash
Everyone should know how to grill squash. Squash is delicious when cooked on a grill. You can grill squash alone or add different vegetables along with it on a skewer. Grilling squash requires a few basic ingredients and is simple to prepare.
You will need the following ingredients in order to grill your squash:
- 1 lb. yellow squash
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 large red onion
- 10 skewers
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Wash squash thoroughly and cut into half-inch thick slices.
- Wash red bell pepper and red onion and slice into strips.
- Place the squash, red bell pepper and red onion onto a skewer. Alternate between the squash, red bell pepper and red onion until all of your skewers are filled with the squash and the other vegetables.
- Lay all your skewers onto a flat surface once you are done filling them with the squash and other vegetables.
- Brush olive oil and sprinkle a little salt and pepper onto the squash, red pepper and onion. If you have your own favorite seasoning you can apply that instead of salt and pepper. You can also use melted butter instead of olive oil.
- Place your skewers with the squash and other vegetables onto a preheated grill.
- Allow to cook on each side for about five to seven minutes or until fork tender. Do not overcook.
- Remove and serve while hot. If you are cooking other items on the grill, such as meat, you should wait and cook the squash last. Like most grilled vegetables, squash tastes best when served hot. Grilled steak or chicken will go great with this squash.