Often tuna on the grill is overcooked and tasteless, so how to grill tuna where the fish meat turns out wonderfully tasty is the goal of many backyard grillers. The key to great tuna on the grill is to marinade and quick cooking. Tuna is a good choice when you want to grill a meal in a hurry.
- Tuna steaks
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 Tsp. brown mustard
- 1/2 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Large zipper type freezer bag or covered plastic container.
- Pre-heated hot grill
- Cooking spray
- Barbecue spatula or tongs
- Combine the garlic, lemon juice, brown mustard, olive oil, salt, and pepper into a gallon sized freezer bag. If that's not available, you can use a covered plastic container or a baking dish with plastic wrap.
- Place the tuna steaks into the marinade and seal the bag shut. Refrigerate for fifteen minutes, turn the bag over and continue marinating for fifteen minutes longer.
- Spray the grill rack with non-stick cooking spray. This will keep the tuna from sticking to the rack.
- Remove the tuna from the marinade and place on a prepared, hot grill. Sear for two minutes.
- Turn the tuna steak over and sear for an additional two minutes using a spatula or tongs. Piercing the tuna with a fork causes moisture loss of the flesh.
- Move the tuna steaks to a cooler area of the grill and cook for up to six minutes longer if you prefer your tuna more well done. Restaurants generally serve tuna steaks rare.
Tips and Warnings: Tuna is best when it is grilled on the same day it was purchased. Like all fish, the fishy flavor of tuna becomes stronger the longer it is in the refrigerator.
Tuna can also be brushed with olive oil and seasoned simply with lemon pepper seasoning before grilling.
We love to eat, and meat might be our favorite thing in the world to consume. There are so many different types of ...
It’s almost summertime and we can already taste the BBQ. Unfortunately, a lot of our BBQ options are not the great ...
A smart upgrade in range equipment can inject new life into your relationship with barbecued meat and make you feel like ...