How To Grind On A BMX Bike
When you are learning how to grind on a BMX bike, you will find that patience and perseverance will surely pay off. Grinding tricks involves precise handling of the BMX bike without using its wheels and sliding on a ledge. Keep in mind this particular bike trick can be dangerous, so wear protective gear before considering taking on such stunt.
- Check your BMX bike. Since you will be subjecting your BMX bike to rough usage, you must make sure it is in perfect working condition. Inspect the brakes, the wheels and other parts for signs of damage such as cracks or loose bolts. The good news is BMX bikes are actually designed for resistance so you can expect solid performance.
- Learn about the different BMX grind tricks. As you try learning how to grind on a BMX bike, you should be aware there are actually various grind tricks. The most common grinds are the feeble grind, smith grind, double peg grind, ice pick grind, toothpick grind and the pedal grind. These grind tricks are basically the same and differs only in the peg used (i.e. front peg, rear peg, both pegs.)
- Practice on a low-lying ledge. Attempts to do grinds on a BMX bike should only be done with safety a priority. This means you will need to practice on a ledge just high enough to do the maneuvers without exposing yourself to risks. Again, it is crucial you wear safety gear such as helmet and knee and elbow protectors. You should also practice with a friend so that in case of accident, someone can call for help.
- Join local BMX bike clubs. There are actually a lot of BMX clubs who would welcome individuals who are serious about learning how to grind on a BMX bike. Such groups can provide you with expert assistance and advice.
- Have fun while at it. Most importantly, you need to enjoy yourself while learning how to grind on a BMX bike. Although you need to be serious when doing BMX grind tricks to prevent injuries, it does not mean you should not have a laugh or two when you make a mistake or fall down.