How To Hack A Wi-Fi Password
If you want to better protect your home wi-fi network, then you need to know the basics of how to hack a wi-fi password. The best way to protect your wi-fi is by knowing where the security holes are. While people generally believe that if their wi-fi is password protected then it is safe. In reality, it is far from that. You can hack a wi-fi password with $20 to $30 equipment and five minutes of your time. We will show you how easy it is to hack a wi-fi password.
To hack a wi-fi password, you will need:
- Linux Operating system that has Aircrack-ng build in (such as the Backtrack4)
- Compatible wireless card (such as the RTL8187L chip)
- Get the software. Aircrack-ng is the most comprehensive software in the world for cracking wi-fi password, and it is completely free. While they have a Windows program as well, anti-virus software tends to pick them up as virus. Therefore, it is recommended that you use a Linux distro, such as Backtrack4, to use aircrack-ng.
- Buy the compatible wireless card. In order to use aircrack to hack a wi-fi password, you will need a wireless card that has the supported chip by Aircrack. There is a comprehensive list of compatible wireless card on the Aircrack website, but we found that the RTL8187L model works the best, is easy to find, has great range, and is cheap! You can go online and buy a wireless card with RTL8187L chip easily.
- Boot your computer from the Linux distro. For our purpose, we will suppose that we use Backtrack4 to crack wireless password. Type startx to get into the Backtrack4 graphic user interface. On the bottom of the screen, you will need an icon named Terminal. Click on that, then you can use the set of commands that you will find on the Aircrack-ng to hack a wifi password. For example, you can use airmon-ng wlan0 to check whether your wireless card is supported by Aircrack. You can change your mac address by typing in macchanger, etc.
- The easiest network to hack wi-fi password is the WEP network. Therefore, if you are a beginner, you should stick with WEP network only.