Learning how to handle depression over girls and sex places you in good company; clinical estimates suggest that roughly 50 million Americans will experience serious depression at some point. Although women are more often diagnosed with depression, seven percent of men nevertheless have a chance of also having to deal with the symptoms brought on by the blues on a yearly basis. It is interesting to note that devising a strategy for how to handle depression over girls and sex is not totally dependent on the actual deeper causes for the blues.
- Become active in keeping with your state of health. Problems associated with girls, sex or even money drag down a man’s feeling of self-worth. Build up a positive self-image by focusing on building physical endurance or simply enjoying a satisfying match of racquet ball.
- Take inventory of your assets. This does not refer to money in the bank but rather personal assets, such good traits of character or mannerisms. If a girl’s rejection has smarted, list your talents that show you to be quite a good catch. Focus on the things that make you a good, pleasant and fun person to be around. This helps put any rejection into perspective.
- Give yourself permission to grieve. Although grief and depression are not the same, there is some grief that leads to depression. It is reasonable to extrapolate that the loss of a relationship might have pushed you into a depression. If there is a chance that you are still not ‘over’ a girl, take the time you need to properly grieve the loss of the relationship and the hope you had for it.
- Seek help for sexual problems. Learning how to handle depression over girls and sex may also require an appointment with a physician. A sexual problem does not have to be cause for depression anymore, since you will be hard-pressed to find an issue that cannot be dealt with medically at this point.
- Enlist the help of a psychiatrist or counselor. If discovering how to handle depression over girls and sex just seems to be an insurmountable problem, consider getting professional help. There is no shame in getting help with mental or emotional problems!
Remember that learning how to handle depression over girls and sex does not have to be an uphill battle. With the professional help that is currently available to men of all ages, you can put it behind you quickly and effectively in a relatively short period of time. Get back on top of your game today!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
You’re Not a Man Unless You Can Cook These 5 Meals
You're not off the hook: This list includes dessert.