Need to know how to hang bookshelf speakers? Hanging bookshelf speakers can improve the look and sound of your audio setup. When used with a home theater or a living room environment, hanging speakers can de-clutter the room. There are some considerations to make before hanging bookshelf speakers, though, to achieve the best results. Follow this process to learn about hanging bookshelf speakers.
To hang bookshelf speakers, you will need:
- A tape measure
- A pencil
- Speaker wire
- A drill
- A wire stripper
- Speaker mounts or L brackets
- Wall anchors
- Decide on where you want to mount the speakers. If they are used in a home theater setup, you could place them on each side of the television, or in the corners of the room. There are a lot of options here, so just choose the one that you decide fits your room best.
- Mark the positions the bookshelf speakers are to be mounted at. Make sure that they will be level using the tape measure.
- Attach either an L bracket or speaker mount in each location. You should use a wall anchor to securely fasten either to the wall. When using a speaker mount, it may be necessary to first attach the speaker mount to the speaker. A speaker mount will allow you to point the speaker in the direction of the audience, but an L bracket is a more affordable option.
- Run speaker wire from the terminals on your audio source to the connections on the speakers. You can run the speaker wire through the walls or ceiling, or you can run it along the wall using a cable cover strip.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.