How To Hang A Surfboard To Spray Paint It
If you know how to hang a surfboard to spray paint it, you can easily spray paint your surfboard any way you want to without having any problems. When you hang the surfboard, you are essentially setting it up so that the parts you want to spray paint are right in front of you, with no obstructions. This can be a tricky process, so if you are interested in spray painting your surfboard, check out the tips below.
To hang a surfboard to spray paint it, you will need:
- Exposed rafters
- Two twenty-foot pieces of rope
- A surfboard
- Prepare the rope. You are going to be hanging the surfboard from the rafters in such a way that one side, as well as the edges, will be exposed. To do this you are going to hang the rope so that it is leaning away from the surfboard. Begin by tying one end of each of the pieces of rope to the same rafter.
- Spread the rope. Make sure that the rope is going to be hanging in an area that is not in your way when you spray paint the surfboard. To do this, slide the ropes back and forth until you can easily stand between them and maneuver without touching either of the ropes.
- Tie the other ends of the rope. Start at the rafter that you originally tied the rope to. Step down about six to seven feet. Put the other end of each rope around the rafter above this point. Pull the rope until it rests about waist high. Tie the rope around the rafter.
- Put the surfboard on the rope. Lay the surfboard across the two ropes. The edges should not touch the rope. If they do, you may need to lay a piece of scrap wood under the surfboard to raise the height of the edges from the rope before you begin spray painting the board.