Turn an empty room into a home theater by learning how to hang wall treatments in a home theater. Wall treatments are important because they will help to absorb sound, as well as keep the room dark. This article will discuss the best materials to use, and how to hang wall treatments in a home theater for maximum effect.
To hang wall treatments in a home theater you will need:
- Acoustic wall tiles
- Staple gun
- Black spray paint
- Several sets of acoustical draperies
- Curtain rods
- Dowel rods
- Vinyl curtains for doorways
- Selecting tiles and fabric. When shopping for the materials necessary to hang wall treatments in a home theater, remember to look for dark colors and heavy materials. Darker colors will help to darken the room and heavy materials will assist in absorbing sound. If wall tiles are not pre-painted, use a black spray paint to paint them yourself.
- Installing acoustic wall tiles. Acoustic wall tiles are necessary in any home theater, even if you will be using draperies in the room too. Acoustic wall tiles dampen noise, darken the room, and will control sound from drifting into other rooms of the home. To learn how to hang wall treatments in a home theater using acoustic wall tiles, simply attach them to the wall with a staple gun. The tiles should be touching each other, leaving no empty spaces between them.
- Hanging acoustical draperies. If you cannot find acoustical draperies, you can substitute them with very heavy draperies. To hang wall treatments in a home theater using draperies, you will need to hang several sets against the walls using regular curtain rods. Then, hang a second set of these draperies, roughly two feet from the first set. This will 'double up' the soundproofing in the room. Use heavy dowel rods and suspend this set of draperies from the ceiling.
- Install vinyl curtains. The final step in learning how to hang wall treatments in a home theater, is to finish the room with vinyl curtains. These vinyl curtains should be hung in the doorways of the room. If your doorway has a door, the vinyl curtains should still be used. You can purchase vinyl curtains that are ready to hang, right out of the package. The only extra materials you will need is a curtain rod.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.