How To Have Confidence
Learning how to have confidence in yourself is different for everyone. In order to have confidence in yourself, you must know yourself. Not only do you have to know yourself to develop confidence, you have to be content with the person you are. You have to realize that outside sources and secondary parties will never know you like you know yourself, and therefore they will never be able to appreciate you they way you can ultimately learn to love yourself. Yes, having self confidence can be a very powerful tool in life. It can be your most important tool. But, developing your self confidence can and usually does take some work. Here's how to develop self confidence.
- Know who you are. The first step to developing self confidence is finding out who the real "you" is. Explore your passions and desires. Find out what drives you. Come to grips with where you fall in the social realm of the world. Are you outgoing? Maybe you're an introvert. Having a better understanding of yourself is the only way to begin to develop true confidence in yourself. Embrace the person you truly are. It's the only way you'll ever be happy with yourself. Self happiness breeds self confidence.
- Follow your passions and desires. After you've dug deep and figured out who you are, the next thing you need to do in order to develop confidence is to foster your dreams, desires and passions. Embracing yourself means recognizing the things you want out of life. Self confidence is built upon you chasing after your dreams. It comes from you realizing the unique individual you are and the importance of you fortifying that uniqueness. So, take control of your life and go for what you want.
- Reject the fake. Stay away from trying to be something you're not. Creating a false persona shows that you aren't happy with yourself. It shows that there are things about your personality that you don't quite like. All this negativity is rather detrimental to building confidence. Realize that the person you are is far more than good enough. Leave the faking for the actors. Go inside yourself and realize your star potential. It's much more powerful to embrace yourself than to put on a mask and parade as something else.
- If there's something about you that you don't like, change it. Make sure it's something you don't like. Don't let some arbitrary outside influence tell you this particular characteristic is un-cool or lame. If you don't like it, change it for yourself, not anybody else. Self improvement is always helpful in building self confidence. Just make sure you do it for the right reasons.
- Realize that not everyone is going to like you. It's just impossible. There will be women, organizations, employers and a host of other entities that just will not like you. And guess what? It doesn't matter. If they don't like you, you don't need to be associating with them anyway. Keep it moving. Don't lose any sleep over it. It's truly not worth the trouble to dwell on it.